Our Facebook live guest is Darrin Prince. Darrin earned a Master of Arts in Christian Education from Faith Bible College and Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts and Business Administration. Darrin is USA Track & Field Level 1 Coaching Certified and a National Association of Speed & Explosion Level II Speed and Explosion Specialist. Darrin has been a collegiate coach of more than 700 athletes, has spent 17 years in the US Army, and is a licensed and ordained Minister of the Gospel.
The Fitness for Child Athlete’s course focuses the benefits of individual and team sports, the appropriate ages to compete in different sports, teaching sportsmanship, how to help keep athletes safe, hydration, and nutrition for athletes.
Many topics were discussed and view the replay to learn about:
- Benefits to children who participate in sports
- How to encourage but not pressure children to participate in sports
- Age appropriate selection of different sports and activities
- Sports that create a foundation for athlete’s
- How to teach sportsmanship (to parents and children)
- Why sports participations drops in middle and high school
- Impact of social media and video games on children’s view of sports
- What parents and caregivers can do to help child athlete’sSigns that a child is struggling with their participation in sports.
To learn more, a Fitness for Child Athlete’s course is available with enrollment in the Advanced Childcare program.
Recent Resource Articles
Is Working as a Nanny Skilled or Unskilled Labor?
Being a nanny is a huge responsibility. Families trust you with the
Teaching Diversity to Children
We hear a lot of talk about diversity these days. So what
Is Your Daughter Ready to be a Babysitter?
Your daughter is growing up so fast and now she wants to
Nanny Transitions – Planning for the Unexpected
When we are faced with a personal crisis, our first instinct is