Amslee Institute offers 5 Childcare Diplomas and Certifications– Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Specialist, and Professional. These levels allow you to select the skills and experiences needed for your children. All Amslee graduates are enrolled or have graduated from high school. Graduates have provided documentation for First Aid and CPR certifications, professional references, and childcare work experience. Graduates have also competed between 10 to 50 hours of training and passed proficiency exams.
Before hiring a Sitter or Nanny, we recommend you complete a background check for identity confirmation, criminal records, driving records, and sex offender registry.
Which of these best describes your childcare needs?
- Basic Childcare Diploma – provides babysitting and mother’s helper services having completed 10 hours of online training including understanding children, emergency planning, water awareness, and safety in the home. This first level program requires passing a comprehensive exam but does not require prior paid work experience.
- Intermediate Childcare Diploma – provides part-time and after school care having completed 10 hours of Basic classes with 10 additional hours on how to care for children as they grow from infant through primary years. This second-level program requires passing 2 comprehensive exams and submitting documentation of at least 100 hours of paid childcare work experience.
- Advanced Childcare Diploma – provides full-time childcare having completed the Basic and Intermediate training with 10 additional hours of classes focused on helping children academically and learning skills to better communicate with children and families. This third level program requires passing 3 comprehensive exams and submitting documentation of at least 500 hours of paid childcare work experience.
- Specialist Childcare Diploma – provides a full-time family assistant position with childcare and household management responsibilities having completed 30 hours of training plus 10 additional hours of classes including special education, special diets, household management, and pet care. This fourth level program requires passing 4 comprehensive exam and submitting documentation of at least 1000 hours of paid childcare work experience.
- Professional Childcare Diploma – provides professional childcare and household management as a career having completed 45 hours of training including the latest trends in childcare and completing a student project that demonstrates their expertise and is shared with the Amslee community. This fifth level program requires passing 5 comprehensive exams and submitting documentation of at least 4000 hours of paid childcare work experience.
Connect with Graduates and Hire Nannies with Confidence
Tell us about your family childcare needs so we can help you find the care you need.
Recent Resource Articles
Teaching Diversity to Children
We hear a lot of talk about diversity these days. So what
Is Your Daughter Ready to be a Babysitter?
Your daughter is growing up so fast and now she wants to
Nanny Transitions – Planning for the Unexpected
When we are faced with a personal crisis, our first instinct is
What is the Difference Between a Babysitter and a Nanny?
You need someone to care for your children – but do you