MYCAA: SCHOLARSHIP FOR MILITARY SPOUSES
The My Career Advancement Account is a Department of Defense Scholarship that offers eligible spouses up to $4,000 of tuition assistance. The Military Spouse Career Advancement Initiative provides financial assistance to military spouses seeking to gain the skills and credentials necessary to begin or advance their career. Career Advancement Accounts cover the cost of training and education, enabling participants to earn credentials in in-demand portable fields in almost any community across the country.
Who Is Eligible?
The MYCAA scholarship is open to spouses of active-duty service members, National Guard and reserve members in pay grades E-1 through E-5, W-1 through W-2, and O-1 through O-2.
What Childcare Programs are Eligible?
Amslee Institute’s Basic Childcare, Intermediate Childcare, Advanced Childcare, Specialist Childcare and Professional Childcare programs are eligible for MYCAA scholarships.
How Do I Get Started?
- Go to Military OneSource and register.
- Create your education and training plan (ETP). Start by choosing your program. Select the appropriate template based on the program you have selected – Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Specialist or Professional. Input your information into the template, then submit the completed excel file to email@example.com. Amslee Institute will review and sign the ETP, providing you with a final version as a pdf file (per the ETP guidelines). If you need assistance with the ETP, please call or email and we will provide additional support (941-773-9020).
- Upload the ETP into your account and submit for approval. It can take up to 14 days to be reviewed.
- When approved, request the funds for the full amount of the childcare program as listed in the ETP.
- When the funding is approved, Amslee Institute will submit the invoice directly to MYCAA.
- Start your online classes and earn a childcare diploma and certification with no out of pocket costs.
Qualify for Top Childcare Jobs. No Cost to You. Start Today!
Recent Resource Articles
Tips from a Traveling Nanny
“I can’t believe you get to go on such a long vacation!”
Expanding Food Options with a Picky Eater
Do you care for a child who is a picky eater? Does
Teaching Children to Persevere
American educator Thomas H. Palmer is credited with the saying: “If at
Helping Children Manage Change
The very essence of life is based on change. From the time